King’s High Association of Parents and Staff
Affectionately known as ‘KHAPS’, our parent and teacher association provides a wide range of opportunities for parents to get actively involved in the life of the school, through both social and fundraising events. All the money raised goes directly back to the school, for example in the form of donations for awards, and support for the girls’ charity projects.
Recent donations have included:
- Sponsorship of the Space Scientist in Residence (2017-18)
- A new TV monitor for the foyer of the Creative Arts Centre
- Sheltered dugout seating for spectators at the girls’ hockey pitches
- New King's High lab coats for the girls to wear at Chemistry competitions
- New tents for the Duke of Edinburgh Award expeditions
- King's High hats and hoodies for the girls going to the English Schools Swimming Association Finals
- King's High saddlecloths for the equestrian teams
- £5000 for musical instruments in 2018
- £500 for the Art Exhibition in 2018
KHAPS also awards the Personal Achievement Awards, which encourages girls to pursue their out-of-school interests and realise their ambitions.
Social and fundraising events
Each year, KHAPS organises a number of social and fundraising events, which include:
- The Head Master’s Quiz (Autumn Term)
- ‘A Taste of King’s’ (Spring Term)
- The Dog Show, held near the end of the Summer Term
- The Jazz Evening
- The Summer Ball
- The Leavers' Dinner (Summer Term)
- Year 7 Welcome Coffee event (Autumn Term)
- Second-hand uniform sales - twice a year (September and March)
KHAPS is always looking for helpers for our events and would welcome some new members to our committee. We hold just two meetings a term so it is not a big commitment but it does make a big difference to the school and is a great way of making new friends.
If you are interested in helping, or joining us, please contact the current Chair, Emma Griffin firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please click here for the KHAPS Personal Achievement Award Winners 2018.
King's High and Warwick Prep Dog Show category winners 2018